Archive for June, 2008
Don’t let this happen to you. Order now before you blow your top! You’ve gotta love a guy that runs out of toner and tries to photocopy his computer screen!
Ha! Have a great weekend.
Robust functionality with the HP Officejet J6480 Multifunction Printer
Buyers looking for a good all-in-one printer would be impressed with the HP Officejet J6480. It offers rich print quality, can be used as a fax machine, copier and scanner, and has a lot of useful add-on features: autoduplexer, ADF, Optical Character Recognition scanner, 802.11g connectivity and memory card reader. However, the printer has no PictBridge support, has limited fax buttons and is relatively slow in printing.
The Officejet J6480 is a low-cost, all-in-one (AIO) device designed for small-to-mid sized businesses. The printer is larger than other AIOs, with matte-white-and-gray panels and a glossy black cockpit that would blend well with most office decor. The printer has a user-friendly interface with buttons organized for easy navigation, including shortcuts for the scanner, printer, copier, and fax machine. It has an adjustable input tray to fit any paper size, and an easy-to-configure wireless 802.11g networking setup.
HP Officejet J6480 Ink Cartridges come in both economy and XL models. The Black Ink Cartridges for the Officejet J6480 come in two capacities. The HP 74 Black Cartridge and the HP 74XL Black Cartridge. The #74 is rated at approximately 200 pages and is priced at 14.95 or 7.5 cents per page. The #74XL is rated at 750 pages for just 31.95 or 4.3 cents per page.
The Color Ink Cartridges also come in two capacities. The HP 75 Color Cartridge and The HP 75XL color cartridge. The HP 75 has a capacity of 170 pages and is priced at 17.95, or 10.5 cents per page. The 75XL has a capacity of 520 pages for 36.95, or 7.1 cents per page.
The Officejet J6480 has excellent printing speed, except in photo printing. But the wait is quite worth it when it comes to print quality – text, graphics, and full-color photos are very pleasing with detailed, sharp lines.
Verdict: The printer is a highly recommended all-in-one printer.
MICR Toner is a specially formulated toner used in the Magnetic Ink Character Recognition process. It usually contains iron oxide which makes the toner “magnetic”. MICR Toner It is typically used in the check printing process to print the routing number, the account number and the check number along the bottom of a bank check.
MICR allows banks to quickly and accurately scan and process checks by scanning them with special check readers. Printing your own checks without the use of MICR Toner could result in bank processing fees as each check that can not be read by a check scanner will have to be entered by hand.
In order to print your own checks, you will need a capable laser printer, blank check stock, check printing software and of course MICR Toner. Inkcarts.com offers complete line of MICR Toner for HP, Lexmark, IBM, Troy and many other brands of laser printers.
I came across a blog post today on Random Thoughts By Mark Rohde titled “14 Ways To Be Greener, More Productive and Cost Efficient With Your Printer“. Mark’s Post added added 7 additional steps to the post on Stepcase Lifehack titled “7 Ways to Be Greener and More Productive with your Printer”.
Here is their list so far:
- Keep Supplies at the point of use
- Print in “draft” mode to save ink
- Keep a scratch paper tray
- Make your printed documents come out in the proper order
- Use scratch paper by default and print on new paper only when necessary
- Label your printer’s particularities
- Just don’t print
- Set your printer to default to multiple pages per side
- Invest in a printer capable of duplexing
- Use a Laser Printer
- Choose a Multifunction Device
- Pause Your Print Que
- Take your print off the printer
- Just Don’t Print
Naturally, I have a few more tricks and hints that I would like to add to their lists!
15. Proofread your Documents - If you carefully proofread before you print, you can catch mistakes before any ink is wasted. Imagine printing out a giant batch only to go back and find out you misspelled a word. Run your spell checker and save yourself some time and ink.
16. Use your Print Preview Mode – Before you print, choose the “print preview” function on your printer. this will allow you to view the formatting and verify that the document looks the way it should.
17. Draft Mode – Set your printer default to Draft Mode. The documents will not look as crisp, but they are perfect for everyday use, or for printing out versions of a document as you refine it.
18. Print a Test Page – Before you send that giant. lengthy document to the printer, print one test page to make sure everything looks as it should. Print it on your scratch paper first, THEN print the whole document.
19. Make sure you’ve used your ENTIRE cartridge before you replace it with a new one – When your printouts become faded, or you see lines in your printing, run your printers cleaning cycle or maintenance utilities. You cartridge may not be empty. You may be amazed just how much life is still in it.
20. Use Remanufactured or Compatible Printer Cartridges – Buy Remanufactured or Compatible printer cartridges from a reputable online store and save up to 75% each time you replace your cartridges.
21. Avoid “Economy Cartridges” – The cartridge that came with your printer might not be the best value when it comes time to replace it. Printer Manufactures often ship a 1/2 full or economy cartridge with your new printer. Assuming that this is the only model number of cartridge that you can use in your printer can cost you BIG TIME. Be sure to check your manual. You may find that you can use another cartridge with as much as 300% more ink for just a few dollars more than that “economy” cartridge.
Follow these steps and put a little “green” in your green.
Today, we announce a new line of Premium MICR toners at Inkcarts.com. Inkcarts.com now carries the full line of TROY MICR toner. Hewlett-Packard Co., Palo Alto, Calif., has designated TROY as its official manufacturer of magnetic ink character recognition (MICR) toner cartridges for the HP LaserJet family of printers. TROY Group, Inc. develops and manufactures the highest quality MICR Toner products in the industry. MICR Toner cartridge performance, printer compatibility, and bank acceptance rates from TROY are unsurpassed.
Troy micr toner cartridges and HP MICR Toner Cartridges are always in stock for same day shipping at Inkcarts.com